On Thursday 6th July 2017, I posted this analysis on WattClarity ® about some “off the chart” movements in average prices, and pricing patterns, across all 5 regions of the NEM – but most pronounced in VIC, TAS and SA. This analysis was performed using NEMreview v6.
Following from this, we saw the analysis referenced in a range of locations, some of which will be progressively added below:
in the Australian Financial Review
On Friday 7th July we saw the analysis referenced:
- Mark Ludlow wrote about “Companies hit hard by soaring wholesale power prices”, referencing the Wattclarity analysis, and earlier articles at the AFR:
- Angela Macdonald-Smith wrote about “Gut-wrenching: power prices rise 64% in June quarter”, and
- Jennifer Hewett also wrote about “Energy prices soar as Josh Frydenberg tries to thread eye of the conservative needle”.
in the ABC
Various commentaries were made by others* on ABC Radio referencing the analysis, and I noticed that:
- Stephen Letts has written about “Power prices are ‘off the chart’ and there’s no relief in sight”.
- earlier, James Hancock wrote about “Victorian businesses struggling with power ‘train wreck’ as wholesale prices triple since 2015”
* note that we don’t, ourselves, speak on TV or Radio, as it takes our time away from directly serving our client base.
across Social Media