On Thursday 6th July 2017, I posted this analysis on WattClarity ® about some “off the chart” movements in average prices, and pricing patterns, across all 5 regions of the NEM – but most pronounced in VIC, TAS and SA. This analysis was performed using NEMreview v6.
Following from this, we saw the analysis referenced in a range of locations, some of which will be progressively added below:
in the Australian Financial Review
On Friday 7th July we saw the analysis referenced:
- Mark Ludlow wrote about “Companies hit hard by soaring wholesale power prices”, referencing the Wattclarity analysis, and earlier articles at the AFR:
- Angela Macdonald-Smith wrote about “Gut-wrenching: power prices rise 64% in June quarter”, and
- Jennifer Hewett also wrote about “Energy prices soar as Josh Frydenberg tries to thread eye of the conservative needle”.
in the ABC
Various commentaries were made by others* on ABC Radio referencing the analysis, and I noticed that:
- Stephen Letts has written about “Power prices are ‘off the chart’ and there’s no relief in sight”.
- earlier, James Hancock wrote about “Victorian businesses struggling with power ‘train wreck’ as wholesale prices triple since 2015”
* note that we don’t, ourselves, speak on TV or Radio, as it takes our time away from directly serving our client base.
across Social Media
various comments were made across social media (LinkedIn and Twitter are the ones I mostly use).